Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Kenny

Happy Birthday Dear Kenny,

963

The number of  days since I've seen you.

You didn't love celebrating things like birthdays.

Or any occasion that Hallmark deemed card-worthy.

You celebrated the little things. 

I have have all those nothing special cards, you know.

I tucked them all away, and I find them. 

They are a gift whenever I do. 

I think of you each day.

Wondering what you are thinking of all we are doing.

We miss you.

I miss you.

We were lucky, you and I. 







4 comments:

Betty Lou said...

I wonder what your birthday is like in heaven! Yes, Cheryl and the children were blessed to have had you in their lives, and so were we! You were a son and treated us like parents. Our friends were always so amazed at that.We too miss you every day!

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Cheryl,
What a tender post.
How lovely it is that you have so many gentle reminders in your life still of your wonderful husband and the married life you shared together.
The dead are never really dead if we talk about them. We really believe this.
Many days may have gone past but Kenny is as strongly in your thoughts as always. That is so lovely to read.
Take care!

Fred said...

Miss and love you Cheryl!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Cheryl, Hope all is well. Sweet post for sure. Try to celebrate all those treasured memories of Kenny. Hope you had a beautiful Easter with the family. Blessings sent your way. xo